Trevose, PA Bankruptcy Attorney
For thousands of Pennsylvanians, every day is a financial struggle to manage debts that have grown overwhelming. Whether the cause is a bill from a surgery, credit card charges, the loss of a job, or other financial hurdles, excessive debt can make it impossible to take out loans, provide for your family, and plan for your future. Bankruptcy can offer relief by wiping out debt, while simultaneously preventing your creditors from initiating debt collection actions against you. Depending on the circumstances, bankruptcy can even help you save your home from foreclosure, or stop your car from being repossessed.
If debt is making daily life difficult, it may be time to discuss your options with the Trevose bankruptcy attorneys of Sadek and Cooper. When the bankruptcy process is managed by our skilled and knowledgeable legal team, you can feel confident that your case will be in experienced hands. Our Pennsylvania bankruptcy lawyers have already handled thousands of cases like yours, and can work with you to create a personalized plan for reducing your debts while protecting your assets.
Our Trevose bankruptcy office is conveniently located to serve residents of Feasterville-Trevose and the surrounding communities. For a free legal consultation about how our bankruptcy attorneys in Trevose can assist you, contact Sadek and Cooper Law Offices, LLC at (215) 995-2543 today.
Bankruptcy Attorneys Offering Debt Relief Services in PA
There are many legal strategies to consider when pursuing debt relief in Pennsylvania. Because your financial health has such a major impact on other parts of your life, it is critically important to identify the most effective and efficient strategy for your unique situation.
Depending on the nature of your debts, your assets, your income, and your financial goals for the future, our bankruptcy lawyers in Trevose offer a wide range of legal services for individual debtors, married couples, business owners, and retirees. We can help you determine whether it is appropriate to file bankruptcy, how to time the filing of the petition, and whether Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 would be more advantageous. Depending on the specific issue you are trying to resolve, or the goal that you are trying to achieve, legal services we offer in Pennsylvania include:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Services
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Services
- Bankruptcy Services for Retirees
- Bankruptcy Services for Small Business Owners
- Debt Consolidation Services
- Debt Settlement Services
- Mortgage Foreclosure Defense Services
Whether your main concern is avoiding home foreclosure, preventing the repossession of your vehicle, wiping out medical debt, erasing credit card debt, stopping your creditors from harassing you, preventing your utilities from being shut off, helping a spouse with excessive debt, deciding whether to close your small business, or resolving other financial matters, we will work with you to craft a strategy that targets your goals and addresses your challenges. Our mission is to help you avoid insolvency, restore stability, and eliminate the stress of living with financial uncertainty.
Reasons to File for Bankruptcy in PA
Most people have serious misconceptions about how bankruptcy works in Pennsylvania, which has helped bankruptcy develop an undeserved reputation. Contrary to popular belief, filing bankruptcy does not mean that you will automatically lose your house, lose your job, or suffer permanent damage to your credit score. In fact, bankruptcy can actually help you delay or prevent those outcomes, while simultaneously offering major relief from debt. It may be time to consider filing for bankruptcy in Pennsylvania if:
- You are worried about your home being foreclosed on. The two most popular types of personal bankruptcy, which are called Chapter 7 and Chapter 13, both include a feature called the “automatic stay.” While the stay is in effect, creditors cannot initiate foreclose proceedings on your home. The automatic stay also delays utility shut-offs, eviction, and wage garnishment. Additionally, Chapter 13 gives you extra time to make missed mortgage payments, allowing you to stop foreclosure from occurring. This option is not available in Chapter 7.
- You are worried about losing your car, family heirlooms, or other valuable possessions. Chapter 13 allows you to keep your property if you follow bankruptcy rules. Chapter 7 allows assets to be liquidated, but also allows you to protect assets by using bankruptcy exemptions. Most of the Chapter 7 debtors we represent are able to keep most or all of their property.
- You need to reduce or wipe out debts. Most debts are “dischargeable” in bankruptcy, which means most debts can be wiped away. Dischargeable debts in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 include credit card debts, medical debts, personal debts, and business debts. Depending on the situation, it may also be possible to wipe out student loan debt and income tax debt.
While Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 can both be financially beneficial under the right set of circumstances, filing for bankruptcy may not be the best way to approach your case. Depending on factors like how much and what type of debt you owe, it may be more practical to negotiate a solution with your creditors and lenders. If our attorneys determine that you would be better served by alternative debt management strategies, such as debt settlement or debt consolidation, we can work with your creditors to lower your payments and make budgeting easier.
Trevose Bankruptcy Lawyers Handling Chapter 7 and 13
Our Trevose bankruptcy law offices are conveniently located just off U.S. Route 1, a short drive from Croydon, Churchville, and Northeast Philadelphia, at the following address:
Sadek and Cooper Law Offices, LLC
5 Neshaminy Interplex, Suite 205
Trevose, PA, US 19053
Our Chapter 7 bankruptcy lawyers and Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyers are proud to serve residents of the Feasterville-Trevose area. For a free legal consultation about how we can help you reduce your debt and reclaim your peace of mind, call Sadek and Cooper Law Offices, LLC at (215) 995-2543 today.