Jeanie D. Wiesner, Esq.
Jeanie D. Wiesner, Esq. joined the law firm of Sadek & Cooper as the newest member of our Consumer Bankruptcy practice.
Jeanie received her Juris Doctorate from Rutgers University Law School – Camden Campus. While in law school, she was awarded the Dean’s Scholarship and served as a leader of the Tax Law Pro Bono Program where she assisted indigent clients with tax document review and return preparation. She was also President of the Entertainment Law Society, participated in the Mock Trial program and excelled in legal research and writing. During law school, she interned at a preeminent family law firm in Cherry Hill, NJ, clerked for Cherry Hill Municipal Court Judge, Jeffrey Karl, and interned at a prominent Civil Rights firm in Philadelphia, PA.
Following graduation from law school in 2001, Jeanie joined a solo general practitioner and built the Consumer Bankruptcy division of the practice from the ground up. After six years with the firm and achieving partnership status, she transitioned to one of the top Bankruptcy law firms in South Jersey, where she focused solely on Consumer Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy practice for more than twelve (12) years. Jeanie has represented thousands of bankruptcy clients over the years from Mercer County to Cape May County, and regularly appears before Federal Judges in the Trenton and Camden Vicinages.
Prior to attending law school, Jeanie graduated from Rutgers University – Camden with High Honors, earning a Bachelor of Arts in English with a minor in British Literature. At the time of graduation, she was awarded the James Saunderson Humanitarian Award and was inducted into the Athenaeum Honors Society.
Areas of Practice
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Loan Modification through the Federal Loss Mitigation Program
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Rutgers University School of Law – Camden, Juris Doctorate, 2001
- Rutgers University – Camden, Bachelor of Arts in English 1998
Professional Associations and Memberships
- South Jersey Bankruptcy Practitioners Group (SJBPG) Founding Member, 2020-Present
- Lawyer’s Advisory Committee, United States Bankruptcy Court, Dist. Of NJ 2018-Present
- New Jersey Bankruptcy Lawyers Foundation (NJBLF) 2018 – Present
- Upsolve.org Attorney Advisor for NJ Consumer Bankruptcy filings 2018-2019
- Frequent Lecturer and Guest Speaker on the Topic of Consumer Bankruptcy throughout Southern New Jersey and Philadelphia, PA
- South Jersey Legal Services, Highlighted Attorney honored for Pro Bono Services – 2018
- New Jersey Bar Association Recipient Pro Bono Award – 2013