Matthew H. Lazarus, Esq.
After launching his legal career in 2009, Matthew Lazarus went on to become the managing attorney for another Philadelphia law firm. He also worked for the Commonwealth of PA in Harrisburg and the Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General, Bureau of Consumer Protection. When he joined Sadek and Cooper in 2014, he quickly became a trusted Junior Partner.
Matthew has several 100 successful bankruptcy cases under his belt (and counting). He builds on his history as an avid defender of consumer rights to tackle highly effective Chapter 7, Chapter 13, and Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases. His track record of successful foreclosure and eviction defense cases has helped to keep Philadelphia families in their homes. His history as a civil debt litigator, creditor negotiator and IRS negotiator helps people who are being pursued by these powerful organizations.
He is a member of the Commonwealth of PA Bar Association, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of PA Bar, and the State of New Jersey Bar. He is certified in Group Mediation. He is also a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, and the Debtor’s Bar Round Table for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
In 2004 he graduated from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University with a BA in Political Science and a minor in Business leadership. He earned his Juris Doctorate from the Roger Williams University School of Law in 2009, where he received the Public Service Recognition Award.
Matthew is a second-generation attorney who is proud to continue his family’s tradition of offering the highest level of legal service to each and every one of his clients. If you’d like Matthew to evaluate your case, call 215-545-0008 now.
Areas of Practice
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Mortgage Foreclosure Defense
- Civil Debt Litigation
- Creditor & IRS Negotiations
- Real Estate Law
- Eviction Defense
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2009
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2009
- State of New Jersey
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2009
- Winner of the Public Service Recognition Award
- Certified in Group Mediation
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 2004
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Minor in Business Leadership, 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Debtor’s Bar Round Table for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania